Sunday, October 17, 2010

BP9_Xtranormal_Web2.0

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7383701

The above is a link to a mini-movie I created using xtranormal.com. This a simple tool that I decided I want to use when my class is finished with their personal narratives. This tool will be used to create a movie based on what their narrative is about.

I signed up for the site, it was free, though if you become a paying subscriber you are entitled to use a lot more icons. I think eventually I may purchase a subscription, but for now, I will use the free membership with my class.

The number of scenes, characters and icons are limited and originally when I made the movie, there was a message saying I had 0 points and I needed a certain amount of points in order to publish the movie, so I had to go back and redo the movie. As I play around with what I can and cannot do, I find that a paid subscription would offer much more choices and eventually I may do that.

There are a number of sites where I am allowed to share my movie, but for purposes of our lessons, I will not share my students movies, but they some of them would probably be excited about sharing their movies on MySpace and FaceBook.

This tool allows you to take text that you have and turn it into a movie. You can use images that you have on your desk top and computer and make movies with those images as well.

Looking at all these Web 2.0 tools makes me feel as if my Action Research topic is too simplistic and that my students may benefit from the use of one or two of these tools as opposed to my topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment