Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5_Twiducate_Web2.0


I signed up myself and my class for twiducate. I really liked it.

It was quite easy to do and it is a free Web 2.0 tool. First, I signed up and had to create a class name and class code. That was pretty easy to do. I next created a class list using my students' first names. The next thing to do is have my students sign in giving them the class code and the password the system assigned them for signing in.

While on the site, they can view necessary bookmarks, important dates to keep in mind. I will be posting homework and classwork assignments and students can respond via posts as well. This is a great tool for allowing parents access to see what is going on academically in the classroom. Also, there are issues with students who are absent from time to time. They and their parents can always log on to see the assignments and what they are missing.

This is an easy site for teachers to navigate and will be quite easy for students to use as well. I hope to be able to provide a link to this site and my grade book as I plan to post grades on line so that students and parents can have updated information on how they are performing. I am hoping to start using in within the upcoming week. Maybe I should use it for my Action Research Project first, so that I can have grade information for ELA homework in one place. I am not certain how I will do that just yet.

Since all my students don't have access to the Internet at home, I'll speak with the technology teacher and hopefully he will allow them access during his period.


No comments:

Post a Comment