Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Cacoo_Web_2.0




This is a view of my lesson plan as I explain to the class what Cacoo is and how they can use this web 2.0 tool to complete their assignment.

Loved Cacoo, I signed up for the free membership immediately. Yesterday, I wanted to be able to draw some cool organizers and I didn't want to use the tool in Word. I find this tool and I'm in love with it. I know there may be more sophisticated tools, but this one is simple and easy and I believe my students will appreciate using it.
This site has what a non artisan like myself need, it can bring what I have in my head on the board and I know they won't be wondering what it is I am trying to represent to them.
Whenever I give drawing assignments, there are students who complain that they cannot draw. Cacoo will make things so much easier for them and me.
My lesson plan would be centered around students visiting the site and playing around with the images, stencils, drawing tools, etc. They would be allowed to create their own masterpiece. On their next visit to Cacoo, I would have them use the tools to recreate a scene or a place, for example, an office, a classroom, or a chart... Doing this would familiarize them with the tools and being comfortable with the site.
We are in the process of reading Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?, at the end, I would like them to be able to draw a scene from the story. This is a great site to help them in completing this assignment. They would already be comfortable with using the site and would choose any scene from the reading and draw it.
One of the good things about this site is that they can access it from any computer as they can save their work and come back to it later. For the students who don't have a computer at home, they can go to the public library or else go to the computer room and complete their assignments.
There would also be a group project involved. Usually I would have one person in the group do the artistic renditions, but with Cacoo, everyone can showcase their artistic side. Their work could be edited by anyone from anywhere at anytime.




No comments:

Post a Comment